Master of Mistakes

I'm a Jack of all trades and a Master of mistakes. Mistakes is my only area of expertise and I'm delighted with my success. Every time I think that I'm normal and share my mistakes I'm surprised when people say that they have not even come close to doing what I've done.

Name any area in life and I've messed it up: school, money, relationships, spiritual, health, career,... I could go on and on but I don't want anyone to feel jealous. Please don't think of me as arrogant. I'm sure there are others out there who have made bigger mistakes than me, but I have yet to meet them so there a strong sense of pride that I hold near and dear to my heart.

I use to feel ashamed by the larger number of mistakes I've made. Living a life that everyone on earth tries to avoid is very humbling, but I have gained so much insight and perspective that have erased my regrets. I love the person that I'm becoming and I owe a lot of that to the choices that I've made. My mistakes have lead me to meet people I would not have meet, take risk that I would not have taken, and lived experiences that I should have avoided.

I am remarkably flawed and it has enhanced my self confidence in a way that perfection never could. To be able to look at your life with unconditional love and gratitude is the definition stability. Flaws and blunders helps you to hunger for the fullness of life and see beauty every where you go and in everyone you meet.



Hi, I'm LL&L and I've made plenty of mistakes...How about you?

6 comments:

Amusing Bunni said...

Hi LL! Don't be so hard on yourself, so you've made some "mistakes", how to you classify that? It's all in your perspective. I think a mistake can be a learning experience and makes you wiser for the next time.

Everyone who lives makes mistakes, but ultimately they make you who you are, so there are no mistakes, only being.

3L said...

Thank you Amusing Bunni. I learning to be grateful for most of my mistakes. There are only a few that make me cringe, but I hope that everyone can have your perspective on this topic. We should love ourselves fully and become brave enough to make mistakes in order to pursue our dreams.

Onlinehandyman said...

Hey LL&L, I agree with Amusing Bunni - don't be so hard on yourself. I will tell you one thing, you write an awesome blog! And you also have some great philosophies like the comment that you made above saying that you are grateful for mistakes. They are how we learn and grow as individuals, at the very least each mistake teaches us another way not to do something. Personally I have made many mistakes - would you really like the list? We just have to accept ourselves for who we are! I also wanted to thank you for the excellent comment and kind words that you left me last week on my I Survived depression blog!

3L said...

Thank you so much for everything. Your blogs, even your handy blog, inspire me and are refreshing to read. hank you so much the comment. This post was taken out of context and now I can see how it may seem that I'm hard on myself. I do have moments where it is hard for me to forgive myself but this article comes from a place of love and pride (no sarcasm).

It takes confidence and strength to brag about your mistakes. It has taken many years for me to get to this point but I see the damaging affects that shame and guilt can leave. Instead be just as grateful for your faults as you are of your strengths gives you peace and confidence. I should have put this in proper context but I had fun with this article.

I am a Mistake Master and I am really proud of that because I've learned so much and can relate to so many. I am a Jack of a lot of trades but I am working hard to master a few of them so I have a plan to add more talents to my bank.

LazyKing said...

Mistakes make us grow up. So yeah I made mistakes and I'm still making them and I'm proud of my mistakes.
Great post 3l

3L said...

Thank you LazyKing